7 months ago
UX Design Manager
Salary : Competative
The Co-operative bank has a lot to be proud of and this year marks 25 years since the launch of the Ethical Policy in 1992 which remains unique in UK high street banking. We believe our approach to banking, with values and ethics at the centre of everything we do sets us apart and remains the key reason why approximately 4 million customers choose to bank with us.
In your role as a UX Design Manager you’ll Manage the design side of the UX team to ensure the delivery of quality user-focused design work across the multiple digital journeys. You will be supporting the UX Lead in embedding UCD methodologies within the business. You will facilitate a dialog with stakeholders to define the interactivity and design on a variety of products, proposing solutions that balance user needs with business goals and technical capabilities. You should be driven by finding out how and why people use products, and are passionate about communicating these needs, proposing solutions to problems that excite and enthuse the audience.
* Ensure the design team produces innovative user-focused design work for our digital channels.
* Facilitate project ideation and conceptual development workshops.
* Work with a range of management levels and teams across the business in order to define and deliver high quality creative work
* Working closely with development team to ensure projects are delivered to best creative standards.
* Being aware of trends and new ideas and interpreting them into fantastic creative.
* Delivering and maintaining design consistency throughout our digital channels, ensuring work complements in-store interfaces for a truly integrated brand experience.
* Coming up with powerful solutions for presentations and pitches.
* Being able to support design decisions with market/user research, analytics, etc.
* Adhering to departmental processes, committing to deadlines and working intelligently, prioritising workload effectively.
* Communicate and collaborate with all disciplines, i.e. copywriters, developers, project managers, information architects etc.
* Working with other web specialists including web developers and graphic designers.
* Liaising with outside agencies.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
▪ Have good project management skills
▪ Experience managing more junior members of the design team
▪ Navigation and information architecture
▪ Interface and interaction design
▪ A good understanding of web development tools and limitations.
▪ A current portfolio that reflects a strong understanding of digital design.
▪ A keenness to learn and develop.
▪ Be customer focused and dedicated to ensuring a high quality of service
▪ Precise and high attention to detail
▪ Be passionate about uses of design/information architecture/usability/accessibility.
▪ Be able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation.
Our Bank's focussed on continuing to create a more diverse and inclusive environment where all our colleagues can fulfil their potential. We love to receive applications from talented individuals across a diverse range of cultures, genders, ethnicities and lifestyles, who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
If you’re inspired to join us, we’re confident you’re just the sort of UX Design Manager we’re looking for someone, who’s as dedicated as we are about growing our bank ethically, responsibly and passionately. Achieving ambitions as big as ours is a challenge you’ll thrive on as you enjoy career development, on-going training and the rewards of helping to create a better future for our customers, communities and colleagues.
Our Bank is passionate and committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact Kay Kimble on firstname.lastname@example.org or.