10 months ago
The UX Designer will work with the Senior UX, Product, Business and Tech Leads within the Platform and Ecom teams to create beautiful and easy to use products across multiple platforms and devices.
You should be driven by finding out how and why people use products, and be passionate about using this to create excellent customer experiences. You will define the interactivity and UX on the products, proposing solutions that balance user needs with business goals and technical capabilities.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
* Working with the UX Design Lead, Product, Business-owners and Technical Leads your core focus will be to gain insight into users and help solve their core problems through user testing and research as well as define user journeys, designs and specifications to hand over for development or for AB testing.
* You will work with the Media Brands UX Design Lead who will provide you with design oversight and mentoring.
* You will ensure that the user journey is ready for build at the right point in time (dual track agile) and that the core as well as nice to haves are agreed.
* You will prototype low-fidelity concepts using sketching or tools (such as Axure, HTML / CSS) to provide a collaborative framework for discussion and testing the solution before moving on to detailed visual designs.
* You will work on iterative user testing, A/B testing, card sorting, user interviews and continuous product tracking to inform product development and provide actionable recommendations to ensure excellent user experience solutions for your products. You will feed into an AB testing roadmap for digital products.
* You will have an understanding of the analytics that drive a product and focus on CRO for any given tasks.
* To treat all customers and colleagues with respect and to demonstrate a commitment to Future’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
* Improving the KPIs for the product in question, primarily driving Platform user experience and revenues.
Special Requirements for this role (e.g. overseas travel, out of hours working, driving licence required):
* Flexible/out of hours working may be required e.g. during seasonal peaks.
UX Research Skills
* Broad understanding of a range of UX research techniques and when to employ them to get the best ROI
* Experience of user testing, excellent moderation skills, preparation of testing protocols and discussion guides, remote user testing and card sorting techniques
* Experience of A/B testing & interpreting findings
UX Design Skills
* Interface and interaction design
* Visual design
* Navigation and architecture
* Mobile experiences (both native and mobile web)
* Knowledge of IA solutions such as Axure
* GA / Analytics / Statistics
Industry and competitive awareness
* Awareness of UX best-practice, up-to- date with industry developments as well as enthusiasm for continuous professional development
* Educated to degree level with 18 months hands-on experience in building and creating user experiences around analytics & CRO.
Specific areas for development
* Fundamental: expert evaluation, UX industry reading, predicting/identifying UX issues.
* User testing/research: ability to select the best & most efficient approaches for user research/testing in order to get timely and focused feedback; user test script production for f2f and online testing; user test moderation; interpreting user testing findings and balancing recommendations on the back of this.
* Design: interaction design via Axure, design of specific UI elements (button interactions etc), detailed visual design and aesthetics, Photoshop skills.
* AB testing: managing AB testing roadmaps, defining hypotheses and metrics, AB test set up in Opti