2 months ago
Closing Date 10.10.2018
The Co-operative bank has a lot to be proud of since the launch of the Ethical Policy in 1992 which remains unique in UK high street banking. We believe our approach to banking, with values and ethics at the centre of everything we do sets us apart and remains the key reason why approximately 4 million customers choose to bank with us.
In your role as UX Designer you’ll primarily responsible for quality user-focused design work across the multiple digital journeys for the Co-operative Bank & Smile platforms. Your role will include working closely with researchers, content designers and stakeholders, identification of user needs and goals, suggestions for journey and experience improvements and championing UCD methodologies. You will facilitate a dialog with stakeholders to define the interactivity and design on a variety of products, proposing solutions that balance user needs with business goals and technical capabilities. A successful User Experience Designer must be able to mentor and supervise junior designers and work with minimal supervision on multiple concurrent projects.
▪ Serve as a member of a team that acts as a 'repository' of research-based usability knowledge
▪ Ensuring you produce innovative user-focused design work for our digital channels.
▪ Work with project business representatives and team members
▪ Facilitate project ideation and conceptual development workshops
▪ Work with researchers to test proposed look & feel initiatives
▪ Supervise and develop other designers to assure and improve design practice
▪ Delivering and maintaining design consistency throughout our digital channels, ensuring work complements in-store interfaces for a truly integrated brand experience
▪ Promoting user cantered design principles and best practice
▪ Applying knowledge in human factors, ethnography, and the user-centred design process to product and service design in an iterative development environment
▪ Adhering to departmental processes, committing to deadlines and working intelligently, prioritizing workload effectively
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
▪ Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
▪ Excellent relationship skills - able to operate effectively with internal stakeholders and with external suppliers and partners
▪ Proven experience of mentorship and supervisory skills
▪ Proven experience of effective time management of self and others
▪ Ability to impact assess workload and manage delivery expectations and deadlines appropriately
▪ Ability to support design choices with market/user research to assure best practice adherence
▪ High level of customer focus and understanding of customer needs
▪ Interface and interaction design
▪ A good understanding of web development tools and limitations
▪ A current portfolio that reflects ability to lead projects and a strong understanding of digital design
▪ Proven experience of working in an agile development environment with User Experience teams, designers and developers to create new digital products and services
▪ Demonstrable ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to innovate and create effective change
▪ Precise and high attention to detail
▪ An understanding of financial services would be beneficial but not essential.
▪ Be passionate about uses of information architecture/usability/accessibility.
▪ Have good project management skills
▪ Degree in HCI/Usability/Design/Cognitive Psychology/Market Research or related field.
▪ Experience across web content, tools and transactional services, especially those with complex user journeys.
▪ Experience within a digital environment.
▪ Understanding/interests of new technologies
▪ Aligns strategic insight user research findings to inform decision making and action.
Our Bank's focussed on continuing to create a more diverse and inclusive environment where all our colleagues can fulfil their potential. We love to receive applications from talented individuals across a diverse range of cultures, genders, ethnicities and lifestyles, who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
If you’re inspired to join us, we’re confident you’re just the sort of UX Designer we’re looking for someone, who’s as dedicated as we are about growing our bank ethically, responsibly and passionately. Achieving ambitions as big as ours is a challenge you’ll thrive on as you enjoy career development, on-going training and the rewards of helping to create a better future for our customers, communities and colleagues.
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact Kay Parry on email@example.com or.