4 months ago
Location: Manchester City Centre
Closing Date 21/11/2018
Who we are
The Co-operative bank has a lot to be proud of and this year marks 26 years since the launch of the Ethical Policy in 1992 which remains unique in UK high street banking. We believe our approach to banking, with values and ethics at the centre of everything we do, sets us apart and remains the key reason why approximately 4 million customers choose to bank with us.
What You Can Expect From Us
27 days holiday, increasing to 30 days (+ 8 bank holidays), plus the opportunity to ‘buy’ a further 2 days!
Competitive pension contribution and life assurance
2 paid days for volunteering per year
UX dedicated spaces (lab + collaboration rooms) coming soon
Be part of an exciting transformation project including the creation of UX dedicated spaces and huge involvement in projects and methodology definition.
Excellent opportunity to learn about financial services and develop your skills
How You Can Make a Difference to Us
We’re undergoing a huge transformation here at the Co-operative Bank and our customers’ needs are the central focus of that. As a member of the UX team, you will have huge scope to make a difference, whether through delivering a key strategic project or improving some internal process, you will have lots of opportunities to prove yourself, learn new skills and apply them.
· Producing data driven design work for our digital channels.
· Leading teams across the business in order to define and deliver high quality creative work.
Working closely with development team to ensure projects are delivered to best standards
· Facilitate project ideation and conceptual development workshops
· Work with researchers to assess designs and test proposed solutions.
· Promoting user centered design principles and best practice across the business.
· Adhering to departmental processes, committing to deadlines and working intelligently, prioritising workload effectively
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
· Proven experience of working in an agile development environment with User Experience teams, designers and developers to create new digital products and services
· High level of customer focus and understanding of customer needs
· Interface and interaction design experience
· A good understanding of web development tools and limitations
· A current portfolio that reflects ability to lead projects and a strong understanding of digital design
· Ability to support design choices with market/user research to assure best practice adherence
· Experience of facilitation of workshops
· Excellent relationship skills - able to operate effectively with internal stakeholders and with external suppliers and partners
· Demonstrable ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to innovate and create effective change
· Ability to impact assess workload and manage delivery expectations and deadlines appropriately
· Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
· Proven experience of effective time management of self and others
· Precise and high attention to detail
· An understanding of financial services would be beneficial, but not essential
· A passion for uses of information architecture/usability/accessibility.
· Good project management skills would be beneficial
· Degree in HCI/Usability/Design/Cognitive Psychology/Market Research or related field would be beneficial
· Experience across web content, tools and transactional services, especially those with complex user journeys would be beneficial
· Experience within a digital environment would be beneficial
· Understanding/interests of new technologies
· Experience of aligning strategic insight and user research findings to inform decision making
Our Bank is focused on continuing to create a more diverse and inclusive environment where all our colleagues can fulfil their potential. We love to receive applications from talented individuals across a diverse range of cultures, genders, ethnicities and lifestyles, who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
If you’re inspired to join us, we’re confident you’re just the sort of UX Designer we’re looking for; someone who’s as dedicated as we are about growing our bank ethically, responsibly and passionately. Achieving ambitions as big as ours is a challenge you’ll thrive on as you enjoy career development, on-going training and the rewards of helping to create a better future for our customers, communities and colleagues.
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact Kay Parry on firstname.lastname@example.org or.