10 months ago
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Are you a UX Designer looking for your next role with an award-winning global retail business? Then we’d love to hear from you!
WHY WORK FOR THE BODY SHOP?
When Anita Roddick founded The Body Shop in 1976, she had a vision. Business as a force for good – that’s us. Over 40 years later, we’re proud to be pioneering cruelty-free beauty every step of the way. We’re the original ethical beauty brand. We’ve got a thing for empowering people and enriching our planet. We’re all about keeping it real, in every way possible.
Our activist roots remain a huge part of everything we do, from our iconic window posters to our vegetarian products to our infamous campaigns. We’re never afraid to stand up and speak the truth. We like to do things a little differently around here.
In fact, this is an incredibly exciting time for The Body Shop. We’re fighting for what we believe in now more than ever. No holding back. Breaking the mould has always come naturally to us, and we need someone who’s not afraid to mix things up.
WHO ARE NATURA &CO?
The Body Shop, along with Aesop and Natura, is part of Natura &Co, a global, multi-channel and multi-brand cosmetics group that is committed to generating positive economic, social and environmental impact. Group owner Natura is Brazil's number one cosmetics manufacturer. Sustainable development has been the company's guiding principle since it was founded in 1969.
THE ROLE IN A NUTSHELL
We are looking for a talented UX Designer to join our Customer Digital Product team to improve the usability and consistency of our digital products globally. This role will report into the Customer Experience Design manager.
We have experiences across the web, mobile web, and native apps that should be one, cohesive product ecosystem. You should be experienced across all platforms and have an interest in tools and information hierarchy.
The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UX skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artefacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces with a portfolio to support.
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE
* Conceptualise original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
* Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
* Influence user research and evaluate user feedback to enhance the website
* Establish and promote UX design guidelines, best practices and standards
* Review and propose ways to simplify existing complex screens
* Support with usability testing to improve conversion rate
* Be the voice of the customer and influence the business to take customer needs into consideration
* Experience working on the full life-cycle of a Product from initial research all the way through to final UI design with evidence and/or case studies to support this via storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps.
* Solid experience as a UX Designer working with either in-house or agency side teams within a global brand, preferably within a retail environment.
* Confident using insights (quant or qual) to discover and define requirements, whilst use usability testing to validate final design. Experience with tools such as ContentSquare, GA, Usabilla and remote testing platforms to support the process.
* Experience working in collaboration with Product Owners, Digital Designers and Developers in agile environments, using testing methods to validate your work and surface the voice of the customer.
* Expert skills with the latest Adobe product suite and rapid prototyping tools (Axure, balsmiq and InVision etc.)
* Strong working knowledge of and passion for interaction and user-centred experience design, including comprehensive awareness of platforms and technologies
* Proven UX experience including experience designing for mobile and responsive web sites.
* Demonstrable UX design skills with a strong portfolio
* Must be detail-oriented, deadline driven, and able to multi-task with solid time management
* Resourceful and proactive with solid problem solving skills and a talent for recommending viable solutions
Our global HQ is located in the heart of East Croydon – 1 minute walk from the train station and is just 10 minutes train ride from Clapham Junction and 16 minutes from London Victoria. Our brand new office opened just over one year ago and provides a light, modern and open-plan work space that includes an onsite global café and even a living wall in the reception area.
Want to join the Body Shop team? Then please apply today – as well as a competitive salary, here are just a few of the rewards and benefits you can look forward to when you join us: a 5% non-contributory pension plan, 23 days holiday, 3 days a year to volunteer in the local community, 50% staff discount and access to product sample sales, access to Perks At Work our online shopping channel with exclusive deals & discounts, as well as LOVE money to spend on your wellbeing and personal development. We have also implemented ‘Work Wise’ into our HQ - flexibility of ‘in-office’ hours, the ability to work remotely and a new meeting charter. Here at The Body Shop we’ve got your best interests at heart – it’s our way of saying thank you!