7 months ago
UX Research Manager
Up to 40,000K
The Co-operative bank has a lot to be proud of and this year marks 25 years since the launch of the Ethical Policy in 1992 which remains rare in UK high street banking. We believe our approach to banking, with values and ethics at the centre of everything we do, sets us apart and remains the key reason why approximately 4 million customers choose to bank with us.
In your role as UXResearchManager you will be primarily responsible for management of the research team. Implementation and management of research processes. Handling and assigning appropriate workloads and ensuring the team is working efficiently and in line with the digital priorities. Providing roadmaps and timelines of completion for project work with strategic insight. Supervision and teamwork on; crafting, conducting, analysing, and reporting on user-centered design research and usability testing for the Co-operative Bank & Smile digital channels, including identification of user needs and goals, task and workflow modeling, ethnography and persona development as well as rapid iterative usability testing, and more formal, in-depth testing. Working closely with the Head of UX the research manager may be required to undertake management tasks across the UX team. A successful User Experience Research Manager must be able to mentor and lead a team of UX professionals and work without supervision on multiple concurrent projects.
Leading the research team and assume responsibility for outputs/deliverables
Effective management of UX team members
Working alongside the head of UX to define, implement and champion user centered design strategy and processes
Designing and conducting usability research both online and in the field and provide recommendations for improvement
Serve as a member of a team that acts as a 'repository' of research-based usability knowledge
Work with project business representatives and team members to test business requirements using heuristic/qualitative methods
Resolve user needs by conducting task-focused analyses
Work with designers to test proposed look & feel initiatives
Manage and develop other researchers to assure and improve research practice
Lead moderated user testing and workshops
Promoting user centered design principles and standard methodology
Applying knowledge in human factors, ethnography, and the user-centered design process to product and service design in an iterative development environment
Conducting in-house research to test new product and concept developments (including user requirements gathering and early stage concept and prototype testing, guerrilla research, and other approaches to ensuring the user need is fully understood in the service design)
Knowledge, Skill and Experience required
▪ Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
▪ Excellent relationship skills - able to operate effectively with internal stakeholders and with external suppliers and partners
▪ Confirmed experience of mentorship and management skills
▪ Validated experience of effective time management of self and others
▪ Ability to impact assess workload and lead delivery expectations and deadlines appropriately
▪ Choose appropriate methods and advise on application of research methods to assure standard methodology
▪ High level of customer focus and understanding of customer needs
▪ Experienced in usability test moderating (all types, particularly one-on-one)
▪ Participant recruiting/screener creation
▪ Tried experience of running, executing and analysing usability test sessions
▪ Tried experience of working in an agile development environment with User Experience teams, designers and developers to create new digital products and services
▪ Demonstrable ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to innovate and create effective change
▪ Precise and high attention to detail
▪ Be passionate about uses of information architecture/usability/accessibility.
▪ Experience within a research and digital environment.
▪ Uses strategic insight and aligns user research activities to inform decision making and action
▪ An understanding of financial services would be beneficial but not essential.
▪ Have good project management skills
▪ Degree in HCI/Usability/Cognitive Psychology/Market Research or related field.
▪ Experience across web content, tools and transactional services, especially those with complex user journeys.
▪ Understanding/interests of new technologies
▪ Leadership training/experience
Our Bank's focussed on continuing to create a more diverse and inclusive environment where all our colleagues can fulfil their potential. We love to receive applications from talented individuals across a diverse range of cultures, genders, ethnicities and lifestyles, who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
If you’re inspired to join us, we’re confident you’re just the sort of UXResearchManager we’re looking for someone, who’s as dedicated as we are about growing our bank ethically, responsibly and passionately. Achieving ambitions as big as ours is a challenge you’ll thrive on as you enjoy career development, on-going training and the rewards of helping to create a better future for our customers, communities and colleagues.
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact Kay Kimble on email@example.com or.