2 months ago
Salary: Competitive / CR1
Location: Manchester City Centre – Balloon Street
Closing Date 08/11/2018
Who we are
The Co-operative bank has a lot to be proud of and this year marks 26 years since the launch of the Ethical Policy in 1992 which remains unique in UK high street banking. We believe our approach to banking, with values and ethics at the centre of everything we do, sets us apart and remains the key reason why approximately 4 million customers choose to bank with us.
What You Can Expect From Us
27 days holiday, increasing to 30 days (+ 8 bank holidays), plus the opportunity to ‘buy’ a further 2 days!
Competitive pension contribution and life assurance
2 paid days for volunteering per year
UX dedicated spaces (lab + collaboration rooms) coming soon
Be part of an exciting transformation project including the creation of UX dedicated spaces and huge involvement in projects and methodology definition.
Excellent opportunity to learn about financial services and develop your skills
How You Can Make a Difference to Us
We’re undergoing a huge transformation here at the Co-operative Bank and our customers’ needs are the central focus of that. As a member of the UX team, you will have huge scope to make a difference, whether through delivering a key strategic project or improving some internal process, you will have lots of opportunities to prove yourself, learn new skills and apply them.
In your role as User Experience Researcher, you will primarily be responsible for designing, conducting, analysing, and reporting on user-centred design research and usability testing for the Co-operative Bank & Smile digital channels, including identification of user needs and goals, task and workflow modelling, ethnography and persona development as well as rapid iterative usability testing, and more formal, in-depth testing.
You, also, must be able to mentor and supervise junior researchers and work with minimal supervision on multiple concurrent projects.
As a UX Researcher for the Co-operative Bank you will be accountable for
▪ Designing and conducting usability research both online and in the field and provide recommendations for improvement
▪ Serving as a member of a team that acts as a 'repository' of research-based usability knowledge and performing a variety of research techniques such as user testing, competitor analysis, tree jack testing, heuristic evaluations, journey mapping and persona creation.
▪ Working and collaborating with project business representatives and team members to test business requirements using heuristic/qualitative methods
▪ Determining user needs by conducting task-focused analyses
▪ Working with designers to test proposed look & feel initiatives
▪ Mentoring and developing other researchers to assure and improve research practice. Responsible for ensuring junior researchers perform their functions in the most effective of ways and they are constantly sharpening their professional skills
▪ Leading moderated usability testing and workshops
▪ Promoting user centred design principles and best practice
▪ Applying knowledge in human factors, ethnography, and the user-centred design process to product and service design in an iterative development environment
▪ Conducting in-house research to test new product and concept developments (including user requirements gathering and early stage concept and prototype testing, guerrilla research, and other approaches to ensuring the user need is fully understood in the service design)
▪ Analysing both quantitative and qualitative data in order to generate strategic and tactical insights along with actionable recommendations that drive design improvements and improve the customer experience
▪ Creating research plans and is tasked with finding creative ways of championing the best research methods
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required for the role
▪ Experience of workshop facilitation
▪ Experience of the design sprint way of working
▪ Ability to advise on choice and application of research methods to assure best practice
▪ High level of customer focus and understanding of customer needs
▪ Experience of usability test moderating (all types, particularly one-on-one)
▪ Experience of participating in recruiting/screener creation
▪ Proven experience of managing, executing and analysing usability test sessions
▪ High level of customer focus and understanding of customer needs
▪ Proven experience of working in an agile development environment with User Experience teams, designers and developers to create new digital products and services
▪ Demonstrable ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to innovate and create effective change
▪ Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
▪ Excellent relationship skills - able to operate effectively with internal stakeholders and with external suppliers and partners
▪ Proven experience of mentorship and supervisory skills
▪ Proven experience of effective time management of self and others
▪ Ability to impact and assess workload and manage delivery expectations and deadlines appropriately
▪ Precise and high attention to detail
▪ An understanding of financial services - beneficial
▪ Passion for uses of information architecture/usability/accessibility.
▪ Good project management skills - beneficial
▪ Degree in HCI/Usability/Cognitive Psychology/Market Research or related field - beneficial
▪ Experience across web content, tools and transactional services, especially those with complex user journeys - beneficial
▪ Experience within a research and digital environment - beneficial
▪ Understanding/interest of new technologies
▪ Strives for strategic insight and aligns user research activities to inform decision making and action.
Our Bank is focussed on continuing to create a more diverse and inclusive environment where all our colleagues can fulfil their potential. We love to receive applications from talented individuals across a diverse range of cultures, genders, ethnicities and lifestyles, who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
If you’re inspired to join us, we’re confident you’re just the sort of User Experience Researcher we’re looking for; someone who’s as dedicated as we are about growing our bank ethically, responsibly and passionately. Achieving ambitions as big as ours is a challenge you’ll thrive on as you enjoy career development, on-going training and the rewards of helping to create a better future for our customers, communities and colleagues.
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact kay Parry onor email@example.com