6 months ago
UX / UI Designer
* UX / UI Designer
* Saga Group Ltd
* 16/07/2018 22:59
Job Description Summary
We are Saga group digital marketing and we have some ambitious plans for 2018 and beyond a key one of which is delivering the online presence for Saga Possibilities and other group sites. As a result of this we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced UX/UI Designer to join our team. We’ve got some challenging plans for moving us forward in the digital world, we’re putting in place the right tools to do this and we have lots of big projects for you to help us with.
It’s a broad and challenging role with lots of opportunity which will help you to further develop your skills in an innovative and growing part of Saga.
You will be supporting the future of the online presence of the Saga membership scheme and other group digital platforms. We are looking for a designer able to understand our business requirements and the unique requirements of Saga’s customers. You will translate these requirements into wireframes, mock-up’s, prototypes and final visual references. The UX/UI Designer will also be expected to work with stakeholders to help design the overall functionality of the product and iterate it in accordance with user testing and other insight.
* UX and UI design experience
* A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), interpreting user research and user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns
* Ability to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client Saga’s needs and vision
* Extensive experience in using UX and UI best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
* Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently
* Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients
* Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications
* Understand the product proposition and user needs
* Develop the product visually, framing product problems and user needs
* Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
* Facilitate the client’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and visually interpreting experiences and recommendations for digital products.
* Design and deliver visuals and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
* Identify design problems based on customer behaviour and analytics and devise appropriate solutions.
* Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
* Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
* Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
* Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
* Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval
* Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design and champion a consistent design language for all channels
* Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism
* Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.