about 1 month ago
Design / Branding Agency
Category: Design Jobs
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. With over 25 million customers across the UK, O2 is one of the world’s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We are always on the lookout for great talent. Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. From a choice of benefits, rewards, training and ongoing career development there are many reasons to join O2.
About the team
The Lab is focused on helping the business test and define their ideas by creating betas and prototypes. These are the seeds that may lead to the next commercial product or service, improved way of working or valuable partnership for Telefonica.
This role is primarily responsible for helping users understand how applications will work. To achieve this, you will need to be able to come up with creative solutions to problems that evaluate and assess the user, business, and technical goals and needs. You will work alongside business owners, developers, product owners to translate experiences into pixel perfect interfaces across multiple platforms and devices, clearly communicating your solutions, usually in the form of sketches, wireframes, UI specifications, or prototypes.
As a UX / UI Designer you’ll be expected to consider the project from a high level and how the recommended solution fits into an overall design objective, but you must also consider the finer details of user interaction components, labels, and flows to delight users and help them achieve their goals. You should be comfortable understanding and communicating complex and connected interactions for a variety of platforms as well as supporting product demonstrations, hackathons and events with print and digital design artefacts.
Key skills & Experience
* 4+ years designing digital and mobile/touch experiences for complex interactive applications
* Extensive experience of experience creation tools, including (but not limited to): Sketch, Photoshop, Zeplin, Invision, Axure, etc.
* Experience of prototyping tools and software, with the ability to animate and produce truly interactive prototypes at speed.
* Extensive knowledge and experience with driving and applying User Centred Design methodology.
* Expert in interface and interaction design, site navigation, architecture, and excellent typography skills.
* Understanding of accessibility and the latest web technologies
* Demonstrable understanding of user behaviour online (desktop, mobile & tablet), and best practice & thinking in this area.
* Track record in delivering increases in sales and service KPIs, through improved interface design and improved adoption of products and services.
Salary and Benefits
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits that could include a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica’s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you’ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There’s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.