5 months ago
* Experience in technical writing, copywriting, product documentation, online publishing and/or journalism.
* Experience working in a UX team, in collaboration with Product Management and Engineering partners, as part of the product development process.
* Master's degree in English, Journalism, Library Science or a related field.
* Experience with localization and/or accessibility.
* Expertise in content strategy methodologies, including style guides, word lists, audits and content matrixes.
* Ability to work independently and to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
* Demonstrated attention to detail and motivation in order to ensure all nuances are covered to create the most holistic user experience possible.
About the job
As a User Experience writer, you are an advocate for Google design, working to shape product experiences by creating useful, meaningful text that helps users complete the task at hand. You help set the vision for content and drive cohesive product narratives across multiple platforms and touch points. As a stellar writer, you have a portfolio of work that demonstrates content that simplifies and beautifies the overall user experience.
You work with people in a variety of UX design-related jobs including researchers, product managers, engineers, marketing and customer operations. Collaborating with each, you strive to establish cohesive language and a unified voice across products and platforms. You regularly use empathy, logic and hard data to inform content choices, and are an expert in your product. You provide content recommendations that include the right words and sometimes complementary data and images.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
* Write clear, concise user-interface text for mobile apps and web-based products. Review and develop mocks, prototypes, and final products for accurate and consistent language.
* Develop a content strategy for products in collaboration with interaction designers, researchers, prototypers, product managers and engineers. Gather and address stakeholder feedback without compromising the quality of the work.
* Balance business objectives and technical feasibility while maintaining a strong focus on the user.
* Maintain, develop, and refresh style resources while coordinating with UX writers across Google in order to create alignment with Google-wide resources and across product areas.
* Present content recommendations to stakeholders with confidence and an open mind.