24 days ago
Valuations Analyst - Group Risk - London
Valuations Analyst - Group Risk - London
Give it your all in a role that will support your growth
Our London office is seeking a Valuations Analyst to join the Valuation Risk Group. You will be responsible for operation of the Independent Price Verification (“IPV”), Fair Value Levelling, Valuation Risk Control and Prudent Valuation activities within the VRG Team of the ‘Data, Model and Valuation Risks’ department.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Valuations Analyst – Group Risk your main responsibilities will be
* To develop and maintain across the business area an integrated programme to identify, assess, manage and report risks and controls enabling the achievement of strategic objectives and supporting the RFBG’s corporate goals within agreed risk appetite constraints.
* Ensuring the area operates effectively in adherence to the internal policies of the bank and legislative/regulatory guidelines of relevant external authorities.
* In particular, you will be responsible for operating the following activities within Market and Structural Risk: Independent Price Verification, Fair Value Levelling, Valuation Risk Control and Prudent Valuation.
* In addition, you will be responsible for supporting the Senior Manager of VRG in the development and maintenance of the following function, if required: PRA and EBA Stress testing.
* Assist in the identification, planning, direction and delivery of projects which will improve the contribution of the business area and/or participate in high level, cross-functional projects which have a strategic impact on the corporate business.
* Familiarise yourself with the Governance Framework within the Firm and apply and develop the tools necessary to align to such Framework.
* Develop/deliver the MI reports requested by Management which will be presented at the different Forums and Sub-Forums.
Minimum skills and experience required
* Degree from a technical background (e.g. mathematics, economics, engineering etc.) or equivalent experience.
* Experience working in a Risk/IPV function.
* Attention to detail, and general analytic skills.
* Strong communication skills able to manage senior stakeholders.
* Understanding of the regulatory environment.
* Able to work independently to meet deadlines.
Salary is Competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 additional days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
* Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Triton Square, London Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It’s one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.