Venue and Room Hire Co-ordinator
Birdcage Walk, Westminster
About the Organisation
With over 120,000 members in 140 countries, our client has been at the heart of mechanical engineering profession since 1847.
They strive to improve the world through engineering by developing engineers, promoting engineering, informing opinion and encouraging innovation.
Their magnificent Edwardian home overlooks St James's Park and is just moments away from HM Treasury, the Houses of Parliament and Horse Guards Parade. Here, our client’s flexible venue can host events from lectures, conferences, meetings, away days, seminars and training courses to drinks receptions and fine dining events.
Now, they are looking for a Venue and Room Hire Co-ordinator to support the hiring and commercial aspects of this space in their venue, One Birdcage Walk.
- Salary of circa £23,000 plus bonus
- Stakeholder pension scheme and BUPA private medical insurance
- Life assurance worth three times your annual salary
- A range of benefits to encourage a healthy work-life balance
- Flexible working
- Annual Learning at Work day plus two paid volunteering days
- Great offices in an iconic building
- Discounted meals at the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
- Free membership of the Institution and professional membership subscription for employees
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme/Give as you earn/childcare vouchers
- A minimum of 26 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
Our client is proud of their organisation’s impressive history, long tradition and fine reputation.
They believe that their employees are integral to their ongoing success, which is why they reward their efforts and achievements and are committed to making their working life a fulfilling and enjoyable one.
As an Investors in People accredited employer, our client knows that knowledge is power and they provide a range of learning and development opportunities to help staff realise their full potential.
This is an incredibly exciting time to join this area of the organisation. Venue space in One Birdcage Walk is increasingly in-demand and you will have the chance to support the success of our client’s room hire services.
As a Venue and Room Hire Co-ordinator, you will support the Venue and Room Hire team to optimise the profitability and potential revenue from the space in One Birdcage Walk.
Specifically, you will:
- Take responsibility for maintaining and contributing to an efficient room booking service
- Oversee external and internal bookings
- Act as the first point of contact for all enquiries and bookings
- Prioritise bookings to generate maximum income
To be considered as a Room and Venue Hire Co-ordinator, you’ll need:
- Experience of working in the venue-hire sector
- Experience of working in a customer-oriented administrative environment
- Customer service experience
- Good IT and organisational skills
- Strongly motivated to achieve results
- Numeracy skills and an ability to generate quotes and reports
Experience of using a CRM system, or room booking and event software would be beneficial to your application. Experience of implementing successful marketing campaigns to generate revenue would also be an advantage, as would experience of HTML and the confidence to make updates and changes to websites.
Other companies may call this role Events Co-ordinator, Events Administrator, Conference & Events Co-ordinator, Special Event Co-ordinator or Marketing and Event Co-ordinator.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re an enthusiastic Room and Venue Hire Co-ordinator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.