2 months ago
Make an impact on our business and the business world.
The Vice President, Global Marketing Effectiveness and EMEA Marketing will play an integral role in the GNS Global Product and Marketing team, part of the GNS (Global Network Services) business. GNS operates in all regions globally to drive scale and relevance for the American Express Brand. The successful candidate will lead a marketing team that acts as a Marketing Centre of Excellence for all regions. In addition, will oversee the issuer and acquirer marketing activity in the EMEA region.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Act as GNS Marketing Lead for GABM, CA&C, Partner Analytics, GMS Marketing, EDA, and ICS Marketing teams to establish true Global CoE on Marketing and activate the global strategies and learnings locally, working through local teams as well as 3rd party providers (e.g. creative and / or PR, event marketing agencies)
* Lead creation of Network Value Proposition for all customer segments in close partnership with GABM and ensure delivery of a global Network Brand platform that sits within the umbrella of the new Global Brand Strategy
* Develop in depth content for Cardholder and Merchant Marketing Excellence Modules, including examples of test and learn, creative, below the line communications, and results of campaigns working with ICS, EDA, and GMS teams
* Build a 360 degree marketing strategy for Partner Forums, including content development and ensuring an engaging Partner experience
* Working closely with Partner Analytics team, establish strong:
Understanding of portfolio dynamics in Top 25 partners and ensuring marketing focus on critical growth levers
Controls around measuring marketing campaign outcomes to ensure ROI efficiencies across GNS
* Lead the development of global competitive and customer insights/intelligence (e.g. NPS) in close partnership with Amex Insights team and use findings to differentiate GNS Value Proposition for Bank Partners
* Lead local marketing talent upskilling on core marketing skills and approach, ensuring consistent local activation
* Oversee development and deployment of creative assets/communication content in line with global brand to be leveraged by partners globally and ensure consistent local activation
* Act as a leadership escalation point for EMEA Marketing team
* Lead and develop a performance-driven and highly engaged team
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
* Experience within a global COE or marketing consulting in a leadership capacity, is able to work across internal central and local teams/leaders and galvanize them against common objectives with clear results.
* Impeccable process management skills; able to drive results across multiple parallel processes across multiple regions under tight deadlines
* Superb strategic thinker with a global mindset who can accurately assess strategic priorities for GNS business, identify core global marketing needs and influence leaders and internal teams to on delivery approach
* Experience deploying brand/creative platforms with strong governance structure to ensure consistency across an international organization
* Strong, prior experience developing innovative strategies and executing against roadmaps
* Well-rounded product and marketing experience with advanced knowledge of marketing principles, brand, product, and communications management, including working with agencies
* Excellent knowledge of external market trends and competitive landscape
* Experience managing a high performing team, with the ability to instil a positive culture built around open dialogue and accountability
* Uses understanding of cultural differences to influence actions and decisions
* Brand, PR, and communications experience is a big plus.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below.However,If you require any assistance with the completion of this process or need any reasonable adjustments to be made then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 7, 2019, 4:37:41 AM