6 months ago
Make an impact on our business and the business world.
American Express offers an amazing opportunity for an engineering expert to lead the development of our global money movement capabilities. The American Express Global Remittance platform powers the movement of over one trillion (with a T) dollars around the world every year. We are looking for a passionate and experienced engineering leader who will drive the vision, strategy and innovation of the platform to ensure it meets the evolving needs of the payments industry.
The Global Remittance team is part of American Express’ Enterprise Platforms organization. Enterprise Platforms is an organization whose core purpose is to transform, the platform solution-delivery model for American Express, dramatically improving our product and engineering effectiveness, strategic agility and speed to market to deliver world class platforms for our customers.
Global Remittance is a crucial component of our platform eco-system along with Authorization, Merchants Payables, Account Management, Billing and Payments. The Payments landscape across American Express is undergoing unprecedented change that includes rapid development of new product innovations, evolving technology design patterns and an ever-changing money movement and fintech landscape. The Vice President of Engineering will focus on strategic priorities around uplifting and unifying our global money movement capabilities whilst preparing for future trends, enhancing our customer experience and addressing internal gaps.
To lead the team responsible for both platform engineering and modernization for our engineering culture and tools, the incumbent must possess a unique combination of deep engineering expertise, strategic thought leadership, collaboration and change management skills. The incumbent must also be able to demonstrate tangible examples of how they have modernized both platforms and organizations.
In short, this Vice President of Engineering will deliver world class money movement capabilities and empower our global workforce to become an industry leader in engineering.
As a Vice President in American Express’ Technology organization you will need to have substantial experience in developing large scale and enterprise-grade distributed systems, software engineering and operations.
* Own the end-to-end platform architecture & engineering of AXP’s global remittance capabilities.
* Drive the platform modernization of their engineering culture, tools, processes and frameworks.
* Lead scrum teams, sprints and releases – including feature planning, backlog prioritization, stakeholder management, defining technical OKRs, continuous improvement in velocity & productivity and issue management.
* Provide technical guidance, career development, and mentorship to software engineers, architects and other team members.
* Lead design thinking exercises to identify new ideas, methods and approaches for modern software development; includes simplification and reengineering opportunities.
* Work across engineering and product teams to accelerate implementation through use of OKR’s, designing lean processes, tech industry best practices and a continuous platform blueprint.
* Understand the evolving security, compliance and regulatory environments with key focus on ensuring we proactively eliminate vulnerabilities.
* Build a team culture that is customer centric, data driven, agile and innovative.
The successful candidate will possess the following characteristics:
* Industry recognized engineering prowess.
* Transformative and innovative leader who is a proven catalyst for change.
* Ability to shape long-term strategy, vision and architecture for platform engineering.
* Customer-centric, Proactive, Flexible & Outcome-focused.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
* Significant software development experience with a demonstrable track record of building technically demanding platforms.
* Significant experience in developing cutting-edge technology to delivery payment and digital products.
* Proven leadership experience of large, fast-paced and dynamic engineering teams.
* Extensive and recent hands-on experience engineering and successfully implementing complex, large scale, enterprise software products and cloud native platforms, in a hybrid cloud environment.
* Recent hands-on experience in the development of enterprise-grade API(s).
* Recent experience with agile development methodologies.
* Recent hand-on experience with modern software engineering concepts (e.g. CI/CD, DevOps, rapid prototyping, test automation, containers, microservices, etc.).
* Backlog juggler with a proven ability align product roadmaps with sprint/program increment cycles; managing to OKRs.
* Maturity managing complex platforms that require a deep understanding of application logic and dependencies.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to flip seamlessly between customer, executive stakeholder and engineering dialogs.
* Proven ability to influence at all levels of a matrixed organization across varying functions.
* Ability to establish credibility with engineers quickly.
* Capable of motivating people, instilling accountability and achieving results.
* BS / MS in Computer Science or Engineering preferred.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
* Health care scheme
* Defined contribution pension plan
* Dental scheme
* Virtual GP
* Life assurance
* Income protection
* Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
* Car Allowance/Company Car Option
* A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
* Employee Discount Portal
* Back up childcare/adultcare
* Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below.However,If you require any assistance with the completion of this process or need any reasonable adjustments to be made then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 9, 2019, 10:08:55 AM