6 months ago
About the Role:
As Weekend Engineering Support Team Leader, based in Beckton, this role will have overall accountability for the site during weekend hours.
You will deliver and operate effective planned maintenance programmes and provide support to deliver higher levels of operational performance and efficiencies.
You will with have a key role supporting weekend production as you will take the role of the production Team leader, as well as supporting the maintenance teams and management of contractors.
* Manage contractors and issuing of permits for both contractors and engineering, owning the permit system to ensure that we are compliant
* Contribute to the development of the factories' vision and strategic plan
* Develop engineering skills and knowledge within the factory, promoting a professional team culture.
* Plan and co-ordinate routine maintenance activities and line overhauls to achieve maximum plant effectiveness/utilisation
* Plan, allocate, and evaluate work carried out by the team, individuals, and self.
* Effectively monitor downtime information and identify areas for improvement and corrective actions
* Perform root cause analysis on all equipment failures as specified, establish and implement appropriate next steps to prevent recurrence and communicate the results appropriately.
* Develop and embed robust systems for communication of issues between the shift engineering teams and operations teams.
* Ensure that Health and Safety is a priority for the team, ensuring that risk assessments and safety audits are completed
* Develop and deliver robust KPI reporting on a weekly basis.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
* Practical Engineering / Technical / Facilities Maintenance experience with a proven track record of maintenance service delivery
* Extensive experience of working within a strategic, target driven manufacturing environment which is measured by robust Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
* Working knowledge and application experience of delivering specific Health, Safety & Environmental legislation
* Experience of managing engineering budgets
* Strong interpersonal and communication are essential
* Strong people management skills are essential
* Shows a clear desire to achieve success
* Has a clear, consistent focus on improving ways of working
* Engages with others in order to gain their support
* Uses their role to positively contribute to the larger team that is Britvic
* Welcomes and takes action on feedback received from others
* Shows courage and confronts all challenges (people and tasks)
* Degree in Engineering discipline with technical/ applications or equivalent engineering experience
* Chartered Engineer or working towards is desirable
Progress your career:
Britvic is the name behind iconic and market-leading brands such as Robinsons, Pepsi, Fruit Shoot, Tango, Squash’d, J2O, R.Whites, Gatorade, 7UP and Lipton – and we are on a journey to become the most dynamic, creative and trusted soft drinks company in the world. To get there we need to be continually sharpening our competitive edge, maximising value through creative, effective, strategic, passionate and professional Operational teams.