3 months ago
Wholesale & Ventures Digital product owner professional (120179)
: Marketing and digital
: UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-London
Salary : competitive
: Jul 27, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
Digital Product Professional
Wholesale & Ventures, Digital, Enterprise
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
The digital team is responsible for defining the right trading mix on our SME websites (BT and EE) at any given time. You’ll be responsible for working closely with commercial and marketing to work out what the right products and services to promote on our website are to drive the right revenue mix for our business and our customers.
You’ll need to understand the forward facing plans for the commercial team and drive demand into our content and product team to make sure our digital estate is optimised for the trading needs of the business. This could be ensuring that we have the right pricing for our products on our website, launching a new product that requires new features to our checkout, or optimising our estate to ensure that our products are driving the right outcomes for customers.
You’ll need to make sure that the products that we have on our website are compliant and the information is accurate (to make sure we’re selling ethically). You’ll be responsible to User Acceptance Testing of all product pages and udpates to key pages such as our homepage and campaign pages before they go live.
What you'll be doing
• Works with commercial and marketing to ensure that our digital estate supports key product and campaign launches
• Responsible for ensuring that website procing and information is compliant and accurate.
• Responsible for prioritising optimisation backlog and A/B tests to drive continuous improvements
• Uses data and customer insight to drive decision making (leveraging CX, Reporting and Analytics, Data and other tools to derive)
• Driving for a best in class digital user experience across the digital sales channels (working hand in hand with Digital CX)
• Works with Digital Delivery, CX and developers to define go to market, trialling and release strategies for new digital products and features.
• Works with Digital Strategy and Transformation to understand forward facing demand, sizing and business casing for funding approvals
We'll also need to see these on your CV
• Expertise with Analysing and Communicating Market Characteristics and Needs
• Expertise with Defining / Support Product Strategy
• Expertise in Supporting Business and Product Plans
• Expertise in Developing and Implementing Product Programs / Releases
• Demonstrated ability to achieve goals in a highly complex matrix environment
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and influence others at all levels of the organisation
• Effectively communicate at all levels of the organisation, verbal and written
• Demonstrated change management experience, helping an organisation understand and adopt new ideas and new ways of operating, including innovation and speed to market
• Collaborate effectively within a large dynamic organisation, across multiple stakeholders
• Ability to work with BT Technology to ensure necessary technology/software application are available to support the delivery of the programs/products
Why choose us?
We have around 1.2 million customers and serve over half the FTSE 350. Our customers range from big household names, government departments and public service organisations right through to small businesses and new start-ups. We cover both the communications and IT services markets. Overall we’re focused on four main product markets: Fixed Voice; Mobility; Fibre and connectivity; networked IT services provided over the biggest UK network in both fixed and mobile communications. We also provide network IT services to corporate and public sector organisations in the Republic of Ireland. Our Wholesale business helps communications providers (CPs) and other organisations provide fixed or mobile phone services. Our ventures provide mass-market services like directory enquiries and payphones, and enterprise services including Fleet Solutions and BT Redcare. We also offer specialist enterprise services to our ‘internet of things’ customers.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.