8 months ago
Inside Soap is Britain’s soap bible and has been for 25 years. If you love watching soaps, then you love Inside Soap.
Its weekly mix of dramatic spoilers, star interviews and witty comment make Inside Soap essential reading for TV viewers. The dedicated, busy team meet a weekly print deadline, as well as producing web and social content.
Reporting to the Features Editor, you will manage all the social feeds of Inside Soap, as well as producing content for the website, and monitoring audience reaction to the soaps each day to feedback into the print and digital content. You’ll be required to write thrilling, exciting, insightful features for web and print, ensuring the Inside Soap regulation amount of breathless ‘!’s at the end of sentences!
• Carrying out interviews with actors and writing up tight copy in Inside Soap style, as well as compiling other news and comment features both for the print and digital editions.
• Managing Inside Soap’s social feeds and website, and generating exciting, bold ideas that will keep people coming back.
• Monitoring the social feeds of Inside Soap and other outlets to harvest audience reaction and info for the features team. Monitoring the digital analytics and responding to them appropriately.
• Liaising with press offices and building up a strong working relationship.
• A great knowledge of and passion for soaps is essential. Be prepared to live and breathe big drama all day long.
• Qualifications in journalism or another relevant background.
• Experience of social media and writing for the web, as well as video and Photoshop skills.
• Comfortable in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, and working out-of-hours to compile and post reaction pieces and news stories as the soaps go out.
• An unflappable multi-tasker who can jump from task to task at a moment’s notice.
• Great communicator and amazing admin skills.